Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

How To Train Your Dragonfire Chicken

Have you ever had Dragonfire Chicken from T.G.I.Friday's? I have a clone recipe by Todd Wilbur that I got for $.99 on his website. If you've never tried any of his recipes you are definitely missing out.

 I can't tell you how accurate a clone it is because it has been so long since I have actually had the real thing. However, the recipe was fairly easy and pretty tasty. As usual I had to re-learn a couple of lessons in the kitchen:

     1) When a recipe calls for lime juice, by all means spend the extra buck or two for fresh limes. The pineapple pico de gallo had a very strong plastic taste because I used the reconstituted lime juice in the lime shaped plastic bottle. NOT an acceptable substitution. You would be much better off buying limes when they are on sale and juicing them before they go bad. You can measure the juice in ice cube trays and then transfer the cubes to a freezer bag once frozen solid. Voilá you now have pre-measured lime juice on hand when you need it.

     2) As bad as the lime juice flop was, it was nothing compared to the pungent red onion! In the future I think I will just use sweet yellow onion. The kung pow sauce was dynamite and I will definitely be using that portion of the recipe for other dishes.

     3) Most people already know this, but if you're anything like me you could always use a little reminding to ALWAYS read the recipe in its entirety (that includes ingredients and directions) before attempting it.  In fact, go ahead and read it through twice, you probably missed a thing or two the first time. :)

I would love to be able to post the recipe here, but I'm sure that Todd Wilbur would hunt me down and beat me up for copyright infringement. Okay, not really since I only have one follower but I am anticipating a HUGE following that will launch me into stardom so I have to learn to watch my p's and q's. ;)

2 comments:

  1. very good blog and loved the lime idea...I'm a new follower on your blogs and would love for you to follow mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your posts, Amanda.

    Kandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Feel free to leave a comment or email me @ mandalyon@gmail.com.