Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Do you like to read?

I have loved to read for as long as I can remember. When I was around 6 or 7 I recall carrying around my Texas Instruments Speak & Spell everywhere I went. So I guess I have always been a nerd and a little tech-y. I digress. Point is, you can always find a few books on my nightstand waiting to be read. How about you? If you want to see more about the books I like check out my lists @ goodreads.com Here are the last 2 books read from nightstand:

The Final Detail (Myron Bolitar, #6)The Final Detail by Harlan Coben


This is by far my favorite book in the Myron Bolitar series. There were so many good things about this book I'm not sure which ones I would like to point out :-) For one thing, I couldn't figure out whodunit to save my life, yet it held my interest throughout. Second, who hasn't had some really bad, dramatic, crappy, (insert your own adjective here) event(s) in life that made us just want to escape to some tropical island? So, you have to see how it plays out. You could learn a life lesson or two by reading this book.



61 Hours (Jack Reacher Series, #14)61 Hours by Lee Child


This is my first Lee Child book and I LOVED it! It kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more! This is #14 in the Jack Reacher series so I have a lot of catching up to do. For more information about Lee Child and Jack Reacher visit http://leechild.com

This was an audio CD that was loaned to me. It was read by Dick Hill and man what a voice! He made the story come alive like my imagination couldn't have. Little did I know that Dick Hill is an award winning narrator. You can learn more about him @ http://www.dickhill.com

HAPPY READING!

3 comments:

  1. I tried looking for you on good reads and couldnt find ya! I'm on there. I forget to updat eit though, but I'm on there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, thanks for reading my blog! I'm not sure why you couldn't find me on GoodReads, but I did find you so I added you as my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading Lee Child for a little while now...love the Jack Reacher books! I only just finished 61 Hours myself...I've kind of read them a bit out of order but he is such a good writer that I don't think it really matters. So glad you are a new follower at French & Sparrow...welcome!
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Feel free to leave a comment or email me @ mandalyon@gmail.com.